Sunday, January 4

"For the truth is that I already know as much about my fate as I need to know. The day will come when I will die. So the only matter of consequence before me is what I will do with my allotted Time. I can remain on shore, paralyzed with fear, or I can raise my sails and dip and soar in the breeze."

i'm planning on traveling to argentina in march with my SO (who lived there for the first 11 years of his life). since airfare is so pricey, and i have time i'd like to travel to patagonia and the 'end of the earth' - the very tip of south america. i am excited. my family is not. for the first time in my life i was lectured and told i was not to do something. my stepmother worries too much. my dad worries too much. i miss my mom. i'm fairly certain i will go anyway, but i'm not sure what to tell them.

been busy 'touring' southern california...the getty, beaches, disneyland, malibu...it was fun to see southern california as a tourist. it was a much more pleasant place that way. i'm stuck here a few more days, then off to northern california and to attempt to finalize my life in sacramento completely. mentally i've been gone from there for a long long time, but there are some things i need to get. i'm not looking forward to that.

funny how canada feels much more like 'home' than sacramento ever did in the 4 years i lived there.

my family doesn't understand my wanderlust and why i don't love southern california - i know my dad really wishes i would move back. not a chance. there's too much more world out there too see...and most of it is much more interesting than so cal. i was reading the newspaper tonight and came across this in the real estate section:

costa mesa: 2 bedroom one bath house. approx. 745 (how is 745 approximate? is it 745.4594?) sq. ft. of living space.

469,900

reason 349 why i don't want to live here. i grew up in costa mesa, my dad lives there. over $450k for a glorified apartment? a TINY apartment? real estate here is outrageous.

oh...i know my comments aren't working...i hope to have them fixed in the next few days....haven't been on the computer much in the past week.

happy new year! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home